July Makes, Faves, and WIPs

It's summer break, so the days have really been getting away from me! My two littles keep me pretty busy all day, and my oldest just turned fourteen!

That said, I did have manage to get some projects done:


Makes

First off, I finished this pair of Bear Paw Socks (by Andrea Mowry) for my husband. I used Knit Picks Stroll:

GO GIANTS!

Here's a two-fer: 

Sweater is The Weekender, which I finished last month!

I sewed a pair of Bob Pants (by Style Arc) using Brussels Washer Linen. I'm not super satisfied with the fit (the rise is SO high, it feels like wearing maternity pants!), but then again, they look okay in the photo? I wanted a pair of high-waisted pants to wear with my cropped sweaters, and that is what I got!

I also finished my DRK Everyday Cowl (by Andrea Mowry), using Spincycle Yarns Dream State and The Farmer's Daughter Fibers Reminisce Worsted. Here's a closer look:

It turned out beautifully, it's lovely to wear, and the colors are so gorgeous! This was a bundle that was curated by the Spincycle Yarns Supply Co shop, so I can't take credit for the color choices. I'm SO ready for fall!

Also, not a Make, exactly, but I did start spinning again:

I once learned how to spin on a drop spindle a long time ago, but I never really stuck with it. I've been feeling the urge to start again, though, so I got myself a very inexpensive kit to re-teach myself. I still do not have a good feel for how to draft consistent thicknesses, but I guess that will come with practice? This is making me want to learn on a wheel though...


Faves:

  • The Barbie movie!! I've seen it described as "a love letter to womanhood and motherhood," and I definitely agree with that--I was a huge Barbie fan when I was a kid (I had, like, 40 Barbies and ONE Ken, lol), so it was such a trip down memory lane, seeing all the vintage Barbies. I cried during so much of the movie, especially the beautiful parts about motherhood. And, BOY let me tell you, when they started describing Depression Barbie sitting around in sweats, eating a giant bag of Starbursts, and watching BBC's Pride and Prejudice for the 27th time, I felt SO called out. And EVERYONE I went with looked at me!
  • I've fallen back in love with my Sterling Ink Common Planner, which is a good thing because I preordered one for 2024. Honestly? It's just exactly what I need. 
  • Trader Joe's Stout and Steak pie. I should not eat too many of these, but OH MAN, they are good! Also, their bacon and cheese egg bites are even BETTER than Starbucks' egg bites!
  • My new running shoes! Been slowly working on getting back to running again!


WIPs:

  • I'm working on Andrea Mowry's Tessellated Pullover! I'm not going to Rhinebeck, but I like participating, and this pattern looks gorgeous. Here's my yarn I'm using:
The color up top is the MC, and I have 11 skeins of it

  • I also started working on Boyland Knitworks' Jupiter Crop! Apparently I am all about colorwork sweaters! Here's my yarn:

Catch you next time!