June Makes, Faves, and WIPs

 This month was a busy one, due to end-of-the-year stuff! Let's get to it:

Makes:

I finally finished my Weekender sweater!

It took me a grand total of four months, and I missed the deadline for every KAL for it except one =D But it got done!

I used 7 of the 9 skeins of Spincycle Yarns Trine that I purchased, because I ended up deciding to knit the body to 12 inches instead of 15, for more of a cropped sweatshirt fit. That was my only modification, besides not doing a tubular bind-off for the sleeve cuffs. (I did do it for the neckline though.)

I don't know if I'll ever make this one again--it's a great pattern, and easy, but for me, it was tedious. (Plain stockinette--or reverse stockinette--for so many inches is just very boring for me. It feels ENDLESS.) It probably would not have taken me nearly so long if I had felt more excited about picking it up :) But that said, I really like the finished object, and I wish it weren't ramping up to summer weather right now, so I could wear it. I guess I could just blast my AC inside the house?


Faves:

  • My eldest kid, my husband, and I have been watching X-Files together lately, and man, if you've been paying attention to any of the latest whistleblower stuff that mainstream media has not been covering, the stories here become extra fascinating. Especially when you know that writer Chris Carter got his storylines directly from the UFO community. Regardless of whether or not you believe, this show is classic, and a lot of it holds up really well. (THIRTY YEARS! Wow!)
  • I've been lately listening to Grimes' album Art Angels and it's just really GOOD! It's a solid listen. Also, my husband has been getting me into Sparklehorse and Vic Chestnutt as well (whom I realize are completely different from Grimes, but hey, it's good to listen to a wide range). 
  • MUCH love for Martinus Evans and his book, The Slow AF Run Club. It has inspired me to start running again, in tiny, tiny increments! It was the running book I needed when I started running in 2002-- realness, written by a non-elite runner. 
  • Also much love for Meg Scanlon's Postpartum Powerlifting program. While I don't love the My Strengthbook app (I've used it before with a different program, and sorry, but I hated it then too. And after using Stronger By the Day's app, nothing else will compare), the program itself seems to be perfectly what I need--not too long, not too easy, not too hard, and powerlifting focused. And Meg is a world champion powerlifter, so she knows her ish.


Makes:

Now that I'm finished with the Weekender, I can proceed with finally finishing a pair of socks for my husband, as well as the DRK Everyday Cowl I started a while ago!

My next new cast-on will be Boyland Knitworks' Jupiter Crop! I have the yarn ready and waiting :) As you can see, it's a beautiful colorwork sweater, so I'm anticipating that I'll finish it relatively quickly! Hopefully I can wear it before fall weather hits!